Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Did you just steal my...

 

Another problem I have with not writing is a constant fear that someone will steal my ideas for maguffins or plot devices.

I live in a low-level dread of The xxxxxxxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxx appearing in a film (this has not happened yet, but close similarities occur), xxxx xxxxx being called xxxxxxx the xxxxxxxxxx, and don’t even speak to me about xxxxxxx xxxx - that is a place I would love to visit, being almost as real to me as the Co-Op down the road but infinitely more magical.*

 Before you say it, I know. I know. The obvious answer to this situation is, ‘Well, write then!’ Of course it is. I know that.

 Doesn’t mean it will ever happen.

 

*Well, perhaps not infinitely more magical. You haven’t been to the Co-Op down the road. You can’t imagine

No comments: